Day 22 - 11/07/23

 Woke up this morning with no idea what the time was, as my phone wasn’t working and the clock in our room was broken. Eventually though, we got ready and headed out to find a phone repair shop. After walking for about 30 minutes we found a shop. We found a few on the way, but trying to explain ‘phone charger not working’ is surprisingly difficult when they don’t speak English. Anyway, the man fixed it very quickly, so my phone was finally working again.


After wandering for a bit longer, we had lunch at a restaurant. We had kind of a gyros except in a pitta, I would’ve taken a photo but I was so hungry that I ate the whole thing immediately. We then visited a castle kind of thing, but at this point I was quite exhausted so I headed home


.

The hills in Thessaloniki are brutal, and after a long walk home, which felt mostly vertical, I got back. We had a quick sleep and got ready to go out again.


We then went to a nice restaurant for dinner, but I wasn’t too hungry so I just had some chips (they call them fried potatoes here for some reason). After having a few drinks there we then went to another bar, which looked incredibly cool except for the fact that it was completely empty. Us and another three people were the only people there. The bathrooms were very creepy too as they were filled with dolls.



Turns out one of the other 3 locals actually works in Salford, so we had a nice little chat with him. The bartender was surprisingly busy considering that he could count the number of customers he had on his hands. It was rather late at this point, so we decided to head home and go to sleep.

Comments