Day 14 - 02/07/23
As we pulled in to Bucharest station at about 8:30am, I met back up with the other two and I was told that the devastating news that our AirBnb would not be open until 2pm! So after dreaming of jumping into bed the whole journey, I learnt that the finish line had been extended by 5.5 hours.
Determined to keep spirits high, we went into McDonalds and got some breakfast. I was so exhausted after only having a couple hours sleep that I fell asleep on the table, after which the Romanian security guard told me to leave. Half asleep, we navigated the Bucharest metro system and finally arrived in a park outside our hostel. We stayed there for a few hours until we finally got the message that we could come.
The inside of the building seemed very run down, the lift was terrifying and half the lights didn’t work. The lift was broken too so it would never take you to the right floor! We are on the 7th floor and it took us to the 5th so we had to drag our bags up two flights of stairs.
We then had a long, 5 hour sleep which was amazing. Afterwards, Dan was still quite tired so we went out without him. We started off in this nice restaurant, and then we went to this fantastic trendy cocktail bar called ‘Fix Me A Drink’. It was in a kind of unfurnished office building, and the design was very minimalist but the cocktails were amazing. Unfortunately I didn’t snap a photo because I didn’t want to look uncool, but each cocktail had its own description of the feeling you get while drinking it. Very hipster. After a few in there the tiredness caught up with us, so we got a very cheap taxi home (only £3 for a 15 minute journey!), watched some TV and went to bed.



Comments
Post a Comment