Day 11 - 29/06/23
Apologies again for missing a day, my loyal 8 readers, but I’ve had one very relaxed day and one not very relaxed day. Day 11 began rather slowly as the other two boys stayed out a lot longer than I did, and thus did not arise until about 1:30pm! We then made the journey to Tesco’s to buy some lunch, where I had a lovely gnocchi and broccoli pesto. I’ve been trying to cram broccoli into my diet wherever I can so it doesn’t just consist of beer and pasta.
After this, the other two went straight back to sleep and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV and enjoying the warm weather. I think a lazy day like this was heavily needed after the full on 10 days we had already had.
We didn’t stay inside all day though, as we ventured to another jazz club (sorry again Dad) on the other side of Budapest, which ended up being closed! We found another bar which was very nice, and sat outside whilst we watched hordes of drunk Englishmen parade past outside. Budapest appears to be a very popular stag do location. I’m sure this is due to how beautiful the city is and its history, and not because they sell £2 pints.
After this, the bar closed, but we weren’t quite ready to call it a night yet. We bought some bottles of beer and took them to the riverside and looked over Budapest at night. Still rather exhausted, we stayed here for a while before hopping in a taxi and going home.


Comments
Post a Comment