Day 9 - 27/06/23

 This day started with a groggy start the morning as I half asleep, attempted to pack up all my belongings in time for the train. This eastern european man would not stop asking us if we had seen his keys, which got a bit annoying. It was only after he checked out that we realised his key was at the bottom of Jagan’s bag. We then meandered over to the train station, stopping off at Lidl for supplies for our 8 hour journey. Luckily the train wasn’t too full on our way there, and we managed to sit together for the first time on our travels. 


4 and a half hours later we arrived for our 1 hour changeover in Vienna, or as the American men behind us described it ‘the 2nd biggest city in the Czech Republic’ (not quite fellas). Had a quick Subway sandwich served to us by a very grumpy Austrian man, before getting on our next train to Budapest! Managed to just about find seats on this one, and we then went off on a 2 and a half our journey.


I was rather nervous when I arrived in Budapest, as I had never been to Hungary before and wasn’t sure what to expect - the towns our train went through looked very run down. Luckily these nerves were calmed by our hilarious taxi driver. We finally arrived in our AirBnb, which was lovely after spending the last week in hostels surrounded by strangers. At this point, we were exhausted, so we went to the nearby Tesco’s and bought some dinner.


Made noodles with broccoli, and yes I am eating it out of a dog bowl, don’t worry it was very clean and the only thing deep enough to hold the noodle water in. After watching a few episodes of the Office (originally in Hungarian before we figured out how to change the language), we went to have an early night.

Comments