Day 7 - 25/06/23
Woke up with a very slow start to the morning, which was rudely interrupted by two cars outside that seemed as if they were having a beeping competition, which woke everybody in the room up. We tried to find a small coffee shop to have breakfast in, but after failing to do that we settled in a burger place.
I ordered the ‘Hangover Fries’, which was basically just fries with blended up sausages and cheese on it. Delicious. We then wandered down to the Old Town and got the the clock tower. The fact that the entrance fee was €14 combined with my fear of heights meant that I did not go to the very top, and instead enjoyed a Pilsner on the ground. We then visited an incredibly church by Charles Bridge.
I then somehow got disconnected with the other 6, and ended up walking up the largest set of stairs I’ve ever seen in order to get to another, somehow more impressive church!
I thought this sculpture/image of a man petting a dog, with the dog significantly more golden due to petting was funny. Finally made it up the stairs and met the others in a nearby Starbucks. The church was amazing - I had never seen anything like it.
We then made the decision to have a few drinks in a nearby bar, before wandering back for a quick nap before going out for the night.
We spent ages trying to find a bar, but the best place we found was called the ‘London Underground’, which was just an English bar but still very cool. We ended up making friends with these Danish people, and to my annoyance I got stuck with the one guy taller than me (6’7”!!!).
He then ordered us a shot of absinthe without telling us which made me feel rather sick, so we decided to leave. I was tasked with taking my extremely drunk friend Tom back, so I ordered us both and Uber. I told him to get in the back while I walked around to sit in the passenger seat. It was only after 5 minutes in the Uber that I turned around to say something to him, and I realised he never even went in the Uber. Last I’ve heard he arrived back at his hostel at 8am with his phone missing.






Comments
Post a Comment