Day 10 - 28/06/23

 Had a very lovely morning waking up in an AirBnb, I truly took for granted what it was like to not be woken up by a 40 year old Eastern European man snoring every morning. After having a big lie-in, we ventured out into the market down the road from us. The market was beautiful, although about 50% of the shops sold sausages and the other 50% sold souvenirs bought on Chinese websites.


We then made our way to the thermal baths, passing by a Sopranos themed bar on our way.


We finally arrived at the thermal baths, and after getting changed and walking past a few too many old naked Hungarian men for my taste we got to the pool. I know they’re called ‘thermal baths’ but I was not expecting just how warm these were!! It was literally like a bathtub. There were 2 sections, the first one we went to was rather boring, just a swimming pool with lots of couples PDAing, but the second one was amazing. They had lots of jets that squirted water and many waterfalls too.

The highlight though, was the thing that can only be described as a lazy river on steroids. It was incredibly fast, I don’t think I’ve ever swam as fast in my life. I wish I had a video but I didn’t take my phone with me, but it sped up and slowed down very quickly too so it could take you by surprise! The current was so strong that I saw some children try and get out but they weren’t strong enough, I can only assume they’re still spinning round now.

We then left, and tried to brave the Budapest metro, which was actually quite understandable, although all the carriages looked like a single decker bus had been put on rails. There was also a slightly drunk Hungarian man singing outside which was good entertainment.





 Still feeling quite exhausted from the previous day’s travelling, I went home and had a sleep. Then I went out and tried to figure out the Aldi in Budapest. It’s very different to the UK ones, none of the products are the same and it’s quite expensive (I guess that’s why they’re Hungary!). Ended up buying a comfort meal and had gnocchi with pesto and broccoli from last nights noodles. We then ventured out into town, and ended up at this extremely cool place that was basically a shopping centre except with bars, there were so many!


We then bumped into our friends from university, Amelia and Emily, and got chatting with them. At about 1am, I reached my limit and decided to wander home. It was an interesting walk - prostitutes and drug dealers approached me constantly but I finally made it home, finished off my gnocchi and went to sleep.

Comments